Fixed Rate Savings
Lock away a lump sum for one year
Lock a fixed lump sum away for a fixed term of one year at a fixed rate and you'll receive 0.70% AER/gross between £2,000 and £1 million. Deposit matures 25 September 2020.
- save a one-off lump sum between £2,000 and £1 million
- fixed interest rates depending on your deposit
- know exactly how much interest you'll earn over the fixed term
- you can have more than one Fixed Rate Savings account per person. New bonds are released every month and interest rates may vary between them
- no partial withdrawals allowed, and no additional deposits
- you'll be charged £100 if you take your money out before the end of the fixed term and depending on when you do this, you could get back less than originally paid in.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year.
Gross is the rate of interest if interest were paid and not compounded each year.
Before you apply
Before applying, please have a read through the following.
- Notice of Variation to first direct Account Terms and Conditions, and Charges and Additional Product Terms – effective from 17 November 2019 (PDF)
- first direct Account Terms and Conditions (PDF, 111KB)
- Charges and Additional Product Terms (PDF, 57KB)
- Privacy Notice (PDF, 63KB)
- Give me the facts (PDF, 47KB)
- Interest Rate and Charges (PDF, 64KB) (For 1st Account charges refer to Charges and Additional Product Terms)
- UK FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List (PDF, 44KB)