Managing gambling transactions
We know it can be difficult sometimes to keep on top of your finances. Gambling can make you feel like you are not in control but to help you take back control, you can put a block on your debit card which will stop gambling transactions.
All gambling companies are catergorised with a gambling related code. It is this code that is used to block gambling transactions. If you have gambling transactions tuned off and make a transaction to a company who isn’t categorised under a gambling related code, we will be unable to decline the transaction on your behalf.
You can turn gambling transactions on or off anytime but you will not be able to make any transactions for 3 days from when transactions are switched back on. This is a cooling off period so you can make sure you have made the right decision.
If you are worried about gambling and debts, visit our Help with debt management page for help and support.
To turn off gambling transactions in the App, all you need to do is follow the below simple steps. If you don’t have the App but want to start using it, see Our Mobile App page to find out more.
- Log into our App
- If you have an iOS phone click the three dots on the bottom right of the screen. If you have an Android phone click the three lines at the top left of the screen
- Select ‘Cards’ from the menu
- Now select the ‘Card Controls’ button which will take you to a new screen
- Next select ‘Gambling transactions’ under the card you want to manage
- The next screen will now allow you to make your choice to switch gambling transactions on or off.